It’s finally Summer which means one thing – picnic season! Fill your picnic basket with nutritious, healthy recipes & a sweet treat too – because who else is better to treat yourself than you?
Easy Apple Cider Vinegar Salad Dressing
Get Tossing! We’re talking about the salad of course. 😋
Great, so you’ve made a gorgeous salad bursting with flavour, but oops you’ve forgotten to purchase a salad dressing! We got your back to make this truly delicious salad dressing with ingredients that you’re guaranteed to have in your cupboard.
- 60ml Apple Cider Vinegar
- 115ml Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Dijon Mustard or any other mustard!
- 2 Cloves of Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan Salt
- ½ teaspoon of Pepper
Add all of the ingredients into a blender, mix the ingredients, and pop it into a bottle ready to drizzle on top of your choice of salad – you’ll never have to remember the salad dressing again!
Picnic Friendly Stuffed Butternut Squash
Your family & friends will LOVE Be Free with Anna’s recipe for Stuffed Butternut Squash!
- 2 Butternut squash
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 tbsp coconut yogurt
- 1 pomegranate
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 800g Spelt
- 3 tbsp Hemp Seed Oil – Anna uses Pipkin!
- Himalayan Salt and Pepper
- Firstly, cook the spelt following packet instructions
- Halve the butternut squash and take out the insides leaving a border around 2cm wide
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp hemp oil and bake until soft (around 30 mins)
- Mix the chopped peppers, rest of oil, spelt and pomegranate (season with salt and pepper) together and then fill the butternut squash with mixed ingredients
- Bake for a further 10 minutes
- Drizzle with yogurt and balsamic glaze
Lemon and Poppy Seed Muffins
Make Anna’s delicious Lemon and poppy seeds muffins
Ingredients – makes 6 big or 9 small
- 2 cups of Pipkin Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsbp Hemp Protein Powder (additional)
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 cup melted vegan spread
- zest & juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
For the glaze:
- ¾ cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, soda, poppy seeds, protein powder (if used), sugar and salt. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the melted spread, lemon juice, milk, and apple cider vinegar, then add the wet ingredients to the dry ones by folding the batter gently until smooth and incorporated. Spoon into cupcake liners and bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool completely before icing. To make the icing, combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice until you reach the desired consistency. Pour over muffins. Enjoy!
Are you ready to be the envy of the park with your picnic basket full of Anna’s & Pipkin’s delicious nutritious recipes?