You can never be too old for gingerbread people! Discover a simple yet tasty treat for the whole family using Pipkin products as a healthier alternative. Are you ready to make a festive classic?
- 350g Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 125g coconut butter
- 175g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- Firstly sift the coconut flour, bicarbonate soda, ginger and cinnamon and pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add in the coconut butter keep mixing until it resembles breadcrumbs, stir in the sugar.
- Beat the egg and icing sugar together add into the mixture and continue to mix until it clumps together to form a dough.
- Tip the dough out, knead until smooth, wrap in cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees line the baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Apply coconut flour onto a clear service, roll the dough out into 0.5cm thickness. Using a gingerbread man or woman cutter cut out as many gingerbread people as you can.
- Place on a baking tray ensuring they are separated.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until they are a light golden brown.
- Next leave to cool, once cooled it’s time to decorate your gingerbread people!
Want a healthy alternative to icing? Try using melted coconut butter to create your gingerbread people’s features!