Goji Berries IN Western Medicine OUT
Chinese medicine is slowly being revealed to the world, and some of their secrets are being discovered one step at a time. People had enough of expensive bills, medications with side effects and diseases with no cure, and that’s why alternative medicine is taking over the frustrating western medicine.
Chinese Medicine and Goji Berries
For over 2,000 years, goji berries have been used in China for curing and improving health conditions such as eyesight, liver and kidney failures, blood circulation and more. When we first discovered the amazing wonders of goji grown in China, we understood quite quickly that we can’t keep this away from the UK. The Chinese goji picked right off the bush and dried, taste nothing like the goji berries you can get in the west. The little red berries are packed with flavour, and most importantly, contain a wide range of phytonutrients, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, giving them the “superfood berries” title by many health promoters.
Goji berries have been found to be a delicious way to boost your energy and overall wellbeing, help build stronger musculoskeletal systems, and improve cardiovascular health. Here are 5 of the top health benefits you can get from adding goji to your daily routine:
- Fights depression and other mood disorders
- Natural diabetes treatment
- Reduce blood glucose
- Prevents heart disease
- regulate cholesterol levels
Let Goji Berries In
Goji have been a basic ingredient in Chinese cuisine and medicine for centuries. They are low in calories, fat-free, a good source of fibre and a high-antioxidant food. From goji candy, goji honey and even beer, in China they find a way to let those little superfood berries in, so why should we try and do the same?
Here are a Ways to Add Goji Berries to your Daily Routine:
- Goji tea – Add goji to hot water, wait for 2-3 minutes to let the flavour spread.
- Goji snacks – Instead of having your regular fruit, upgrade your snack by having tasty goji berries.
- Goji granola – Sprinkle them on your yogurt and granola breakfast.
- Goji smoothie – add goji to you smoothie mix for a sweeter taste.
- Soup upgrade – if that’s how Chinese sip their soup, it has to be good!
Pipkin choose to source their products from the best quality areas on the planet, so given the long history of Goji Berries in China, it was clear that China was the right place to get the best goji.