These delicious hemp brownies won’t get you high! Here is why:
Hemp products have been in the limelight as one of the most valuable plant-based proteins out there. However, there is still some misconceptions of its use. Although hemp and marijuana are members of the same species, Cannabis Sativa, they are in effect completely different plants. There are about a dozen varieties of hemp plants that are grown for food. All of them contain about 0.001% Tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, the main psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, which means you can eat as much hemp as you want, without worrying about getting high or failing a drug test.
Hemp is a great source of high-quality, all natural, plant-based protein, omega fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Almost 60% of its content is pure protein, which makes hemp powder great for vegans and vegetarians looking to increase their protein intake. Hemp Powder is also great for those who are lactose intolerant as it’s dairy and soy free.
The Pipkin Hemp Powder is very easy to be incorporated into your diet. Simply mix it in your smoothie and soups. Here we’re sharing a decadent yet healthy recipe for an easy non-baked hemp brownies.
Hemp Protein Powder Brownies
- 2/3 cup Pipkin Hemp Protein Powder
- 1 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoons chopped walnuts
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Pipkin Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix the hemp protein powder, the cocoa powder and the chopped walnuts in a bowl.
- Add melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, maple syrup and a few teaspoons of water.
- Mix all the ingredients together. Keep adding water, a little at a time, until the mixture can form a ball, or is about the consistency of soft play dough.
- Flatten the mixture into a square shape and cut into smaller squares. You can also roll the mixture into small balls.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.