Hemp seed is a great source of plant-based protein. In just one tablespoon, you can get 5 grams of protein. It also contains nine essential amino acids, fatty acids, omega 6 and omega 3, making it a highly nutritious addition to any dish. One of the easiest ways to include the benefits of hemp seed into your diet, it is to consume it in its oil form. The Pipkin Hemp Seed oil is raw and cold pressed, ensuring all of its nutritious components are preserved.
Hemp seed oil is great to use in salad dressings since it has such a robust flavour. It’s best used at room temperature, rather than heated. We have put together two simple ways to whip up salad dressings using hemp seed oil.
Hemp Seed Oil Honey Mustard
- 1/4 cup Pipkin organic hemp seed oil
- 2 tbsp Pipkin organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- dash of salt (to taste)
- Simply whisk all ingredients together until well combined.
- Adjust salt to taste. You may prefer a bit more salt or sweetener in your dressing, so adjust the quantities.
Hemp Seed Oil Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons Pipkin organic hemp seed oil
- 1 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk all ingredients together until they’re evenly combined.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- You can also add fresh herbs if you have them to hand. Just mince approximately 3/4 teaspoon and add them in.