Pumpkin season is finally here! Colder temperatures calls for flavour packed warming food! Discover our simple and truly delicious vegetarian recipe for Pumpkin and Coconut soup.
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 tsp garlic crushed
- 1 tsp ginger crushed
- 55g coconut butter
- 500g pumpkin chunks
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 400ml Coconut milk
- Pink Himalayan salt & pepper to taste
- Begin by heating two tsp of coconut oil in the pan on a low heat.
- Whilst the oil is heating up dice the onion, and crush both the ginger and garlic add to the heated oil in the pan, cooking for approx 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut butter to the pan.
- Cut the pumpkin into chunks and add to the pan, stir and cook for approx 10 minutes until it becomes soft and golden in colour.
- Pour 500ml of vegetable stock into the pan and season with Himalayan salt & pepper, then simmer for 10 minutes until the pumpkin is super soft.
- Add the coconut milk into the pan bring to boil and stir, puree with a hand blender.
- Finish by adding your favourite toppings (we chose pumpkin seeds and parsley).
- Finally, pour into a bowl and enjoy!
Love this recipe? Follow us on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration.