Bonfire night is just peering around the corner, it’s time to discover the perfect snack to enjoy whilst your watching the fireworks (indoors or outdoors) this bonfire evening! We’re talking about an all-time favourite, toffee apples!
Goji Berry Toffee Apples
Learn how to make everyone’s favourite bonfire treat in time for the celebration!
- 6 Cox apples
- 6 small wooden ice lolly sticks
- 225g/8oz granulated sugar
- 110ml/4fl oz water
- 30g/1oz coconut butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- Goji berries
- Firstly push the wooden sticks halfway into the apples at the stalk end.
- Add the sugar and water into a pan to dissolve over a gentle heat.
- Add the coconut butter and syrup to the mixture, bring to the boil. Continue to boil, without stirring, until the toffee reaches 140C/275F (use a sugar thermometer to measure this).
- Remove the pan from the heat and gently stir in the Goji berries or any other toppings that are preferable.
- Carefully dip each apple into the toffee, making sure each apple is well coated, set aside to harden on a baking tray.
- Finally, share with your guests
Want a healthier alternative? Why not try melting coconut butter and coating your apple!
Love this recipe? Follow us on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration.