The Great British Bake Off has returned to our TV screens and we couldn’t be happier! To kick start the baking festivities we’re sharing one of our favourite recipes, none other than a Vanilla Bundt cake. It’s simple, understated and delicious! On your marks, get set, bake!
- 6 large eggs
- 96 grams of coconut sugar
- 8 tablespoons coconut butter, melted, cooled
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk or heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 612 grams of almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- Icing sugar to sieve when finished
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place the eggs and coconut sugar in the bowl of a standing mixer. Mix on the medium setting for 5 minutes, until fluffy and pale yellow. With the mixer on medium, slowly add cooled coconut butter, coconut milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Whisk almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and Himalayan salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour egg mixture over flour mixture and fold until combined. Pour batter into a well-oiled bundt pan, we use coconut oil as a healthier alternative.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown. Place on a cooling rack for 10 minutes, then invert onto a serving platter.
- To finish sieve icing sugar on top and with a side of fresh fruit, serve warm or at room temperature.
How to make an easy lemon glaze
If like us you’re a sucker for a sweet glaze or icing then we have just the recipe for a mouth-watering lemon glaze perfect for drizzling on top of your bundt cake.
- 235ml icing sugar
- 60ml milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Using a bowl whisk together the icing sugar and milk until the mixture is smooth, once smooth add in the lemon juice and whisk. Finally, drizzle over your bundt cake and ta-da , worthy of a Paul Hollywood handshake? We think so!