We know you’re trying to be healthy but who can resist vegan coconut butter chocolate cups that actually aren’t bad for you? Not us! Try out the below recipe for a not so naughty treat!
- 210 g finely chopped cocoa butter
- 40 ml coconut oil
- 30 ml maple syrup
- 96 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 265g coconut butter
- Add 2 inches of water to a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium. Reduce heat to medium and place a medium glass mixing bowl on top.
- Add finely chopped cocoa butter and coconut oil into a mixing bowl allowing the ingredients to melt, stirring occasionally for 2 -3 minutes.
- Once melted, remove bowl from heat and add maple syrup. Add cocoa powder to a sifter and sift over mixture. Then whisk to mix until smooth and combined. Add in salt and vanilla extract.
- Taste and adjust flavour to your personal preference.
- Set the mixture in the fridge to chill and thicken slightly for 15-20 minutes, removing to stir occasionally. It’s ready once the mixture thickens.
- Line a cake tin with 10 paper cupcake liners and add 2 Tbsp of the chocolate mixture to each. Use a spoon to gently push some of the chocolate up so it slightly coats the paper. Then set in the fridge to chill for 10 minutes.
- Once the chocolate is slightly firmer, add 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut butter to each. Place in the fridge to chill for 10 minutes until the coconut butter has hardened slightly.
- Add remaining chocolate (1 1/2 Tbsp each) on top of the coconut butter and use a spoon to ensure that the coconut butter is fully covered. Place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Enjoy straight from the fridge or set out of the fridge for 15 minutes and enjoy at room temperature for softer coconut butter chocolate cups.